1991-2011 is the transition period from Piscean to Aquarian Age. It is the current or new age in the cycle of astrological ages. “Each astrological age is approximately 2,150 years long, on average” (Wikipedia). Unlike sun-sign astrology where the first sign is Aries, followed by Taurus, and further to Pisces, the astrological ages proceed in the opposite direction – normally termed retrograde. Therefore, the Age of Aquarius follows the Age of Pisces. Every astrological age is attributed with certain changes in characteristics of culture, society and politics involving shift in human consciousness and spiritual transformation.
Characteristics of Piscean Age
• Separation of God and ourselves. Humans are born in sin and need to seek salvation through worshiping God in churches.
• Religion is based on blind faith rather than exercising its true values. Numerous religious wars have been fought killing millions in the name of ‘true’ religion.
• Victim mentality. Inability to take responsibility for our actions.
• Knowledge about human potential is available only to the limited group of people and is largely hidden. In order to study and gain access to the sacred information, one has to to search for it in remote places such as Tibet.
• Hypocrisy, limited perception, superficiality.
• Feeling of emptiness inside since self-esteem is based on external factors such as material possessions, relationships, physical location.
• Male dominance. Feminine is suppressed, judged, discriminated.
• Being out of touch with body and emotions. Not knowing how to re-connect with oneself.
• Focus on mental reasoning
Characteristics of Aquarian Age
• Spiritual awakening. Knowledge based on direct experience.
• Attention directed inside ourselves. The resources for clarity, self healing, love, strength, wisdom are found within.
• Self-love and self-knowledge are main factors to realizing one’s full potential.
• No need to be part of the group to gain significance.
• The power of external factors diminishes and looses its importance.
• The power of spoken words is multiplied. Thoughts and words manifest very quickly.
• Information and knowledge are widely available to the public. It becomes everyone’s property. There are no more secrets, no dogma.
• Living to your true identity is important. Real actions and inner dignity gain significance.
• Shift in consciousness based on personal experience, inner wisdom, and awareness.
• Being in connection with yourself and your body, staying “in the body”.
• Feminine and masculine polarities manifest themselves in a balanced and harmonious way.
In order to function successfully in Aquarian Age, we need to develop our sensory system and meditative mind. Our sensory system and meditative mind will be the main source of information and guidance in the new age. Kundalini Yoga is an ancient technology that helps us to tap into our inner resources in order to lift out consciousness, expand our awareness, and be healthy, happy, and holy in this time of change.
Five Sutras for the Aquarian Age by Yogi Bhajan
1. Recognize that the other person is you.
2. There is a way through every block.
3. When the time is on you, start, and the pressure will be off.
4. Understand through compassion or you will misunderstand the times.
5. Vibrate the Cosmos. The Cosmos shall clear the path.